East Hamilton School is sited on an eighty-eight acre tract of farmland in the eastern portion of Hamilton County and is the largest school in the county’s 90+-school system. This high growth area now has a community school holding 1650 students in grades 6-12 under one roof. The facility is organized around a 2-story, day-lit spine. This spine runs east to west the length of the building and is flanked by individual wings, or “houses”, for each grade. Each wing is color coded to enhance way-finding and security with the high school wings on the north side and the middle school wings on the south side. The shared “community” spaces such as the Cafeteria, 300-seat Little Theater, Music Suite and Media Center are also accessed from this central spine. Two gymnasiums are at the western end of the spine.
East Hamilton School recieved "School of The Year" top honors in both middle and high school New Construction divisions during the Tennessee School Boards Association's 2009 Convention.